Video Editing for Social Media
with Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro is an exhilarating piece of software, making video editing accessible to anyone who can operate a cursor. Its user-friendly interface allows you to grasp the basics in just three hours, leaving enough time to delve into social media posts. By mastering video editing with Final Cut Pro, you'll unlock a superpower.
What you'll learn
The basics of Final Cut Pro
- Importing media.
- Organising files.
- Editing and slicing clips.
- Basics of Color Correction to make your images look gorgeous.
- Basics of mixing audio.
- Workflow efficiency to eliminate tedious tasks.
- Transforming your widescreen edit to the desired social media dimensions (with AI).
- Adjusting the mistakes AI will definitely make. ;)
- Using text and learning about the safe zones.
- Creating subtitles for the silent scrollers (again with AI).
- Exporting to the desired formats.
- Getting your files on your phone without any loss.
This course is for
- Aspiring editors seeking to up their game
- Social media managers eager to learn video editing themselves
- Entrepreneurs looking to produce high-quality video content quickly
- Photographers or designers wanting to add video editing to their skillset
I'm Erik Loots, the founder of TwentieFour, a video production company dedicated to supporting clients with a sustainable and social focus. I began my journey as a freelance cameraman and editor 12 years ago, coinciding with the release of Final Cut Pro X. Despite its initial clunkiness, I was mesmerised by its revolutionary approach to editing, and it brought immense joy to my work. I believe video editing is an incredible skill, equivalent to learning how to write or paint, and I'm excited to share the editor's mindset with you to help you advance quickly.
At De Warren
Nydia Ecurystraat 31
1087 NA Amsterdam
22nd of August 2023
19:00 - 22:00 with a 15-minute break.
The course fee is €90,- providing you with the confidence to initiate and complete a full video project.
There's an early bird offer of €45,- if you reserve your spot before the 18th of August.