Lighting for Interviews
A Hands-on Workshop
Lighting subjects for video can be daunting, especially when you are under pressure. Although once you know the basics you can make quick decisions for gorgeous results.
What you'll learn
In this hands-on workshop you'll learn:
- A few basics principles that will get you started.
- About the different types of lights and attachments.
- Which light is best suited for your situation.
- How the camera interprets light and how to get the best results.
- How to safely use your equipment.
- How to make quick decisions under time pressure.
Is This Course For You?
- Filmmakers who want to up their lighting game.
- Interviewers that want to communicate better with their camera person.
- Photographers that want to learn more about continuous lighting and video.
I'm Erik Loots, a professional filmmaker with over a decade of experience filming interviews. At first believed that an expensive camera’s was the way to stunning results, but over time I realised that smart lighting was the key to succes. In a very rational way your job as a cameraman is to catch light and knowing how to controle it, is just simply magic.
At De Warren
Nydia Ecurystraat 31,
1087 NA Amsterdam
The course fee is €90,- providing you with the confidence to light a scene for an interview.